Monday, July 22, 2019

O'Reilly Auto Parts Street Machine Summer Nationals St. Paul

The QA1 Auto-cross hosted by SCCA-LoL.  Sorry some of these pics are screen captures from FaceBook video that I will try to pull down later.  Photo credits to Sondra Loos, and others.

The course was setup and tested for "big car compatibility"! :)

Storms came in Friday night and Saturday morning, the lightning prevented us from starting on time, that and some water logged timing equipment.

Some of "real SUV's"

The power plant of the Viking Suspension car, a "NASCAR SB2" motor running FI.  8500rpm rev. limiter, which sounds glorious!  This car did put the fastest time of the weekend down as a 34.75 seconds.


Best I could do with my Alltrack was a 38.5 seconds; which did beat 60% of the other competitors.  It is pretty much all stock, except for the light weight wheels, 235/50/17 tread-wear 300 tires. My mostly stock 1997 Miata (high flow cat, adjustable shocks and Flying Miata springs) with 195/55/15 four year old all season tires could only do a 40.xx.  I drove a stock 2015 Mazda 3 wagon w/ 205/55/16 all seasons that got a 41.xx.  My old VW GTI showed up!  I got 30 seconds to talk to him, it is very wierd seeing your old "car love" being raced by another person!  At least it is still being used for what I built it for!  
My Miata "looping it" with a guest driver.







One of the many cones that gave their life for this event.  :D  It was brand new cone prior to this weekend. 
Some of the volunteers who put on this event!  Much thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment