Monday, April 29, 2019

IRacing Sim Gets an upgrade

After fighting the temptation for a while, I got a sim racing rig.  Previously I was just using my normal desk with a non-rolling office chair.  I scored this rig with chair and the made for Xbox Logitech G920 steering wheel (but still works with a Windows PC) off of CraigsList for the price of the onsale price of the steering wheel on Amazon!  I couldn't pass the bargain up.  The previous owner sold it because his fiance "hated it."  I get that my g/f rolled her eyes!  :) 

Currently it is going through my 42" 4k TV.  The same PC is driving it, I just had to acquire a longer display port to HDMI  (4k compatible) cable, the USB cable barely reaches, and the wireless keyboard & mouse are still in range.  I set the rig on top of a "movers dolly" so I can unplug it and wheel it out of the way for movie nights.

I am surprised to say how much better of an experience iRacing is with a rig like this.  Eventually I may swap out the used Honda Civic seat with FAPS (Favorite Auto Parts Store) racing seat cover with a "retired" real racing seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment