Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July 4th Weekend @ BIR w/ NASA & TransAm


MORE VIDEOS AND PICTURES TO COME!
First race...video from Patrick Price's Nissan 200sx...we have a great joust.  He had a better qualifying time than I and started ahead of me.  I get him on the opening lap, he chases me down for next six laps.  He finally gets by me, and I stay on him through all the twisty bits.  I finished 3rd in this race.
The same race from my car:


The 2nd race, it was decided to invert the field (guy w/ the slowest time goes first, fastest guy in the back).  Due to a timing glitch, I didn't post a time, and I was on pole!  Kinda scary having all the really fast guys storm past you all in a short time frame.  What was real interesting was the very first lap.  Look at the black Mustang that is two rows in front of the car in this video.  He jumps out onto the grass and passes two cars in the grass!  WOW!  When he came on track he cut the nose of my car off, had I not lifted I would have rear ended him.  Patrick starts to catch me in lap 7, I stick to his bumper, and almost got him back except for the Spec Racer Ford that got between the two of us.  I finished 3rd in this race as well.

Same race taken video taken from my car
Lindell Motorsports.  Spec Racer Ford rental, preparation, and support.







No comments:

Post a Comment